PathFinders’ mission is to ensure the most vulnerable and unsupported children in Hong Kong are protected and respected, and their Migrant Domestic Worker mothers are empowered to find a path to a bright future.
Our Hong Kong-registered charity with tax-exempt status was established in 2008 on the belief no child should be born alone and deprived of an identity, basic supplies, healthcare and shelter, PathFinders has improved the lives of almost 9,200 babies, children and women.
Posted 12th Oct 23
Senior Case Worker
11C Worldwide Centre, 123 Tung Chau Street, Tai Kok Tsui
Reporting line: This position reports directly to the Program Director
See Full Details
All children born to a Migrant Domestic Worker (MDW) in HK have a Nurturing Care Plan in place to ensure they are protected and respected, and able to develop foundational learning skills in the years leading up to school.
This role is a key member of the Executive Leadership Team and specifically responsible for providing comfort, care and counseling to ensure MDW mothers have the critical information and support they need to address their individual immigration, medical, legal, employment, emotional and security issues. In addition, to provide access to emergency shelter, essential supplies, healthcare, education and justice.
- Strategy: Work with the Program Director to continuously review andevaluate PathFinders’ services to ensure clients are empowered on their journey towards finding a path to a brighter future, minimizing reliance on future support and assistance. Clarify and establish new service flow/s that support and enable greater efficiencies in management of cases and empower staff at all levels to contribute to PathFinders’ future success
- Case Supervision: Provide guidance for the case management team in
counseling and emotional support to MDWs who are pregnant and/or have
children in Hong Kong;
- Strategic Planning: Lead and consolidate nurturing care plan framework
that includes infant care, parenting and future life options as well as home
country return and monitor plan implementation among the team members;
- Reporting: Meticulously and regularly documented in SalesForce case
records, referrals, summary reports, statistics and meeting file notes for
efficient case tracking, referral to lawyers and outside agencies data analysis,
reporting and research purposes.
Skills & Qualifications
- Hong Kong Registered Social Worker (RSW);
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Cantonese;
- Experience in case management, program development and management, impact review, reporting and evaluation;
- Self-motivated and highly organized, with an ability to multi-task and show attention to details;
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills;
- Keen to improve the welfare of children, migrant workers and pregnant women;
- A positive thinker with a can-do attitude, willing to foster organizational and community development;
- A good team communicator and player, a quick learner who is able to work under pressure and in a dynamic environment;
- Proficiency in PC and Smartphone operations including MC Office, Excel, PowerPoint, whatsapp, SalesForce
- Offer flexible working hours.
- The candidate would ideally start as soon as possible.
- Interested applicants should send a Letter of Interest, Curriculum Vitae and availability by email, with the subject “Apply for Senior Case Manager: [full name]”, to Ms. Eudora Wong, Office Manager by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified by email and invited for an interview. If you do not hear back from us within 4 weeks of submitting your application, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
- PathFinders is a committed equal opportunities employer. PathFinders Limited is non-partisan and non-religious.
Data sent by you to PathFinders Limited in connection with this application will be retained by PathFinders for 6 months after the hiring process is complete. All information and personal data provided by applicants as part of this recruitment process will be treated in confidence.