PathFinders’ mission is to ensure the most vulnerable and unsupported children in Hong Kong are protected and respected, and their Migrant Domestic Worker mothers are empowered to find a path to a bright future.
Our Hong Kong-registered charity with tax-exempt status was established in 2008 on the belief no child should be born alone and deprived of an identity, basic supplies, healthcare and shelter, PathFinders has improved the lives of almost 9,200 babies, children and women.
Posted 09th May 23
Grants Manager/Senior Manager
11C Worldwide Centre, 123 Tung Chau Street, Tai Kok Tsui
Reporting line: This position reports to the Director of Partnerships & Fundraising
See Full Details
We are searching for an experienced and passionate individual to join us in this new position to oversee all grant management, including pipeline management, applications writing, donor relations and reporting.
Based on our fundraising strategy, the majority of PathFinders’ HKD11million+ income budget over the coming years is to be achieved through grants from philanthropic institutions, foundations, corporate foundations and community organisations. Given the significance and criticality of this income stream PathFinders is creating a new role to add much-needed capacity to the team.
This role will suit a candidate with some past philanthropic or fundraising experience, who is looking to expand their learning and responsibilities. This is an exciting new role that will help strengthen our funding foundations and propel our strategic programming; it’s a great opportunity to gain a deep understanding of NGO operations, and to have a meaningful impact on one of Hong Kong’s most unsupported and vulnerable communities.
This role will oversee all aspects of grant management, including pipeline management, applications writing, donor relations and reporting. Key responsbilities include;
- Donor Relations – Initiate and develop new donor relationships, and nurture existing ones to increase their engagement in our work, and increase our donor acquisition and retention rates
- Pipeline – Develop and manage a pipeline of new grant opportunities, ensuring sufficient submissions and success to achieve our income targets and major grants strategy
- Applications – Work with our senior leadership and programmes team to develop strategic, impactful, accurate and compelling grant applications. Support donor enquiries and their due diligence processes
- Grant management – Oversee management of all live grants, guiding the programmes team and senior leadership to ensure we deliver impactful projects, comply with all grant requirements and maintain strong donor relations. Use and maintain Salesforce records and functionality to oversee grants
- Admin & Finance – Work closely with Finance and Operations to manage all administrative aspects of grants and restricted donations
- Programme Strategy – Work closely with the programmes team to support their strategic plans, and provide feedback from the perspective of donors and strategic philanthropy
- Reporting – Manage donor reporting to ensure accurate and timely submissions, working with the programmes team and senior leadership as needed
- Fundraising Strategy – Drive the ‘major grants’ component of our Fundraising Strategy, overseeing reporting, and providing feedback and advice to the senior leadership to develop this strategy and associated income budgets
- Leadership Team – Candidates with sufficient experience for a Senior Manager position would be expected to participate and contribute in Leadership meetings and projects.
- Brand – Contribute to enhancing PathFinders’ brand and profile, and represent PathFinders as needed at industry engagements
- Support other areas of Partnerships & Fundraising as needed
Candidates should possess the following experience, skills and attributes:
- 5 years+ experience working in the philanthropic sector, NGO space etc
- Excellent written and spoken English AND Cantonese
- University degree in a relevant field
- Demonstrated grant-writing / grant-management / fundraising experience
- Strong donor, relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Competent managing finances and budgets
- A strategic and analytical thinker, with excellent attention to detail
- Strong work ethic, and able to juggle and work to tight deadlines
- Able to work independently, and across teams
- Excellent written and spoken English, and ideally Cantonese
- Fluent in Microsoft Word and Excel, and ideally Google Drive
- Experience managing accounts in a CRM system such as Salesforce
- This is ideally a full-time position, although we are open to flexible working arrangements
- More experienced candidates will be considered for a Senior Manager position and be part of the Extended Leadership Team
- The expected salary range is HK$25,000-35,000/month, depending on experience
- The candidate would ideally start ASAP
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis – interested applicants should apply early
- Applicants should send a Cover Letter, their CV, salary expectations and availability by email, with the subject “Grants Manager/Senior Manager: [full name]”, to Ms. Eudora Wong, Office Manager by email: email@example.com
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified by email and invited for an interview. If you do not hear back from us within 4 weeks of submitting your application, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
- PathFinders is a committed equal opportunities employer. PathFinders Limited is non-partisan and non-religious.
Data sent by you to PathFinders Limited in connection with this application will be retained by PathFinders for 6 months after the hiring process is complete. All information and personal data provided by applicants as part of this recruitment process will be treated in confidence.