PathFinders Hiking Challenge!
Put on your hiking shoes to help Hong Kong’s most vulnerable babies, children and women find a path to a brighter future!
Hiking season is upon us, and we’ve got an exciting reason to hit the trails... This November we’ll be turning 12 and celebrating the lives of over 7,600 babies, children and women we’ve helped since 2008! We normally mark the occasion with our FUNdraising dinner, but this year we’re unable to go ahead. Instead, we’re launching the PathFinders Hiking Challenge to traverse 7,600kms - 1km for every baby and woman whose found their path over the last 12 years. Join the challenge to celebrate, raise awareness and FUNdraise!
#PathFindersHikingChallenge #7600PathsFound #FindYourPath
All funds raised will support our Bridge The Gap crowdfunder so we can continue to provide critical services and help vulnerable babies, children and women find a path to a brighter future.
We can’t do it alone, we need your help!
Get your friends together for an outdoor adventure, or gather your colleagues for some much needed team building. There’s never been a better reason to hit the trails - have fun and get fit whilst raising awareness and funds for Hong Kong’s most vulnerable babies, children and women!
Step 1 - Get Planning
- If you have a team already, agree the date/time and your route depending on how much of a challenge you want - maybe it’s time to tackle that challenging trail that’s on your bucket list!
- If you want to form a team or meet fellow hikers, join our Facebook group and share ideas
- Be sure to stay safe and social distance - divide your team into smaller groups if necessary
Step 2 - Set a FUNdraising target
- As well as raising awareness for PathFinders, set a FUNdraising target to help us raise much needed funds! Whether it’s $100, $10,000 or $100,000, every $ will make a difference for the babies, children and women we help!
- If you’re targeting to raise $HK10,000 or more, we can help you set up a Sparkraise Crowdfunder just like this to invite friends, colleagues and family to sponsor you. Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alternatively, you can collect donations yourself and transfer to PathFinders (see here for donation details) or ask friends and family to donate directly here
- And the best part… All public donations until 30 November will be matched $ for $ thanks to the generosity of the Fu Tak Iam Foundation, so you can double your sponsorship!
Step 3 - The Big Day!
- Get social along the way to raise awareness! Tag @PathFindersHK on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn and use our hashtags #PathFindersHikingChallenge #7600PathsFound #FindYourPath
- Post your finishing photo to our Facebook Hiking Challenge group
Drop us an email at email@example.com if you have any questions!
Can't join the challenge?
The PathFinders team will be taking to the hills in October and again in November with our Ambassador and hiking extraordinaire Liza Avelino. If you’re unable to plan your own hike, you can sponsor our team! All funds raised will support critical services and help vulnerable babies, children and women find a path to a brighter future.
PathFinders Hiking Challenge Leaderboard!
84kms: Jakki & Liz hiked the 40th London Marathon across Hong Kong Island's trails on Sunday 4th October, and raised over HK$15,000!
30kms: The Team at Andrews Partnership hiked Lantau Peak and raised HK$10,000!
To be added to our Challenge Leaderboard, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org once you've completed your hiking challenge with;
- Team name & photo
- Total number of kms from your team eg. 12kms x 10 teammates = 120kms
- Total amount raised in HKD
- Any special message to PathFinders