PathFinders Hiking Challenge!
Put on your hiking shoes to help Hong Kong’s most vulnerable babies, children and women find a path to a brighter future!
Hiking season is here, and we’ve got an exciting reason to hit the trails... In November 2020 we turned 12, and to celebrate the lives of over 7,600 babies, children and women we’ve helped since 2008 we launched the PathFinders Hiking Challenge! We normally mark our anniversary with a FUNdraising dinner, but given ongoing social distancing we instead launching the PathFinders Hiking Challenge to traverse a total of 7,600kms - 1km for every baby and woman we've help find their path over the last 12 years.
Join the challenge to celebrate, raise awareness and FUNdraise!
#PathFindersHikingChallenge #7600PathsFound #FindYourPath
All funds raised will allow us to provide critical services and help vulnerable babies, children and women find a path to a brighter future.
We can’t do it alone, we need your help!
Get your friends together for an outdoor adventure, or gather your colleagues for some much needed team building. There’s never been a better reason to hit the trails - have fun and get fit whilst raising awareness and funds for Hong Kong’s most vulnerable babies, children and women!
Step 1 - Get Planning
- If you have a team already, agree the date/time and your route depending on how much of a challenge you want - maybe it’s time to tackle that challenging trail that’s on your bucket list!
- If you want to form a team or meet fellow hikers, join our Facebook group and share ideas
- Be sure to stay safe and social distance - divide your team into smaller groups if necessary
Step 2 - Set a FUNdraising target
- As well as raising awareness for PathFinders, set a FUNdraising target to help us raise much needed funds! Whether it’s $100, $10,000 or $100,000, every $ will make a difference for the babies, children and women we help!
- If you’re targeting to raise $HK10,000 or more, we can help you set up a Sparkraise Crowdfunder just like this to invite friends, colleagues and family to sponsor you. Just drop us an email at email@example.com
- Alternatively, you can collect donations yourself and transfer to PathFinders (see here for donation details) or ask friends and family to donate directly here
Step 3 - The Big Day!
- Get social along the way to raise awareness! Tag @PathFindersHK on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn and use our hashtags #PathFindersHikingChallenge #7600PathsFound #FindYourPath
- To be added to our Challenge Leaderboard, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org once you've completed your hiking challenge with;
- Team name & photo
- Total number of kms from your team eg. 12kms x 10 teammates = 120kms
- Total amount raised in HKD
- Any special message to PathFinders
PathFinders Hiking Challenge Leaderboard!
Stephenson Harwood Asia Team... results coming soon!
Liza Avelino & Team... results coming soon...!
Renata & Co... results coming soon...!
Tina & Co... results coming soon!
260km: On Sun 22 November, the Hike For Her team took on the Hong Kong Trail and raised HK$73,515 from friends, family and supporters!
187km: The PathFinders Party team hiked Dragons Back along section 8 of the Hong Kong trail on 21st November, and finished with celebrations at Shek O to raise a toast to PathFinders 12th Anniversary. They raised a total of HK$14,600
84kms: Jakki & Liz hiked the 40th London Marathon across Hong Kong Island's trails on Sunday 4th October, and raised over HK$15,000!
30kms: The Team at Andrews Partnership hiked Lantau Peak and raised HK$10,000!