Fundraising & Events Internship
PathFinders invites applications for a Fundraising & Events Intern. This is an ongoing position, applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
ABOUT THE FUNDRAISING & EVENTS TEAM
PathFinders’ Fundraising & Events (FR&E) team is responsible for managing donor relations, sourcing new funding and support for our services, and coordinating fundraising and CSR events. The FR&E team is seeking enthusiastic and pragmatic interns to work closely with the wider PathFinders team on various fundraising initiatives and events, most notably our 11th Anniversary Fundraising Dinner this November, our largest annual fundraising event generating a significant portion of our income. Our theme this year is ‘Rock ‘n’ Roll’.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in planning and preparations for the 11th Anniversary Fundraising Dinner
- Donor research of local and global corporates, foundations and other potential donors, and identify new funding sources and partnerships.
- Learning how to use Salesforce which is common software in a corporate operation
- Support and coordinate fundraising, CSR and community events
- Prepare and coordinate fundraising and donor communications materials, including slide decks, newsletters, social media and blog
- Provide administrative support to the FR&E team
- Support other PathFinders projects as needed
NECESSARY SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- A demonstrated interest in the social sector, philanthropy, NGOs, corporate social responsibility, fundraising or events. Previous experience is desirable
- Able to work independently with limited supervision, and in a team environment
- Strong research, organisational and administrative skills
- Fluency in English, with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Your own computer, with Microsoft Office (or compatible) suite
- Knowledge of Cantonese, Bahasa Indonesian and/or Tagalog would also be an advantage
- Design or graphic design skills would also be an advantage
- Be comfortable with, and committed to, operating within PathFinders’ core values: non-judgmental, respectful, passionate, courageous, empathetic, discreet, collaborative; and
- Hold a HKID, valid visa or be eligible to apply for a working student or training visa. Students who are not permanent Hong Kong residents should refer to the conditions for taking up employment in Hong Kong. A breach of any condition will render them liable to prosecution and removal from Hong Kong under the Immigration Ordinance.
- This is a full or part time position, with a minimum commitment of 10-12 hours/week for 8 weeks
- Applicants should be willing to work flexible hours to accommodate events
- The internship will be based predominantly at PathFinders’ offices at Worldwide Centre, 123 Tung Chau Street, Tai Kok Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong. Travel within Hong Kong is expected for events and to attend various meetings
- This is an unpaid internship unless the applicant falls outside the exceptions in the Minimum Wage Ordinance. Reasonable travel expenses while on PathFinders’ business will be reimbursed
- Interested applicants should send a Letter of Interest, Curriculum Vitae and availability (dates) by email, with the subject “F&E Internship Application: [full name]”, addressed to Ashlee Schroth, Events Manager, at Ashlee.email@example.com
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified by email and invited for interview
- If you do not back from us within 4 weeks of submitting your application, please assume your application has been unsuccessful
PathFinders is a committed equal opportunities employer. PathFinders Limited is non-partisan and non-religious.
Data sent by you to PathFinders Limited in connection with this application will be retained by PathFinders for 6 months after the hiring process is complete. All information and personal data provided by applicants as part of this recruitment process will be treated in confidence and used for recruiting for these internships roles only.