ABOUT THE FUNDRAISING & EVENTS TEAM
PathFinders’ Fundraising & Events (FR&E) team is responsible for managing donor relations, sourcing new funding and support for our services, and coordinating fundraising and CSR events. The FR&E team is seeking enthusiastic and pragmatic interns to work closely with the wider PathFinders team on various fundraising initiatives and events. This is a unique opportunity to experience non-profit management and gain significant exposure to frontline client programmes.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
● Research local and global corporates, foundations and other potential donor organisations, to identify new funding sources and partnerships
● Prepare funding applications, donor reports and fundraising communications materials, including slide decks, newsletters, social media and blog
● Support and coordinate fundraising, CSR and community events
● Provide administrative support to the FR&E team
● Support other PathFinders projects as needed
NECESSARY SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
● A demonstrated interest in the social sector, philanthropy, NGOs, corporate social responsibility,
fundraising or events. Previous experience is desirable
● Able to work independently with limited supervision, and in a team environment
● Strong research, organisational and administrative skills
● Fluency in English, with excellent verbal and written communications skills
● Your own computer, with Microsoft Office (or compatible) suite
● Knowledge of Cantonese, Bahasa Indonesian and/or Tagalog would also be an advantage
● Design or graphic design skills would also be an advantage
● Be comfortable with, and committed to, operating within PathFinders’ core values:
non-judgmental, respectful, passionate, courageous, empathetic, discreet, collaborative; and
● Hold a HKID, valid visa or be eligible to apply for a working student or training visa. Students who are not permanent Hong Kong residents should refer to the conditions for taking up employment in Hong Kong. A breach of any condition will render them liable to prosecution and removal from Hong Kong under the Immigration Ordinance.
● This is a full or part time position, with a minimum commitment of 20 hours/week for 6 weeks
● Applicants should be willing to work flexible hours to accommodate events
● The internship will be based predominantly at PathFinders’ offices at Worldwide Centre, 123 Tung Chau Street, Tai Kok Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong. Travel within Hong Kong is expected for events and to attend various meetings
● This is an unpaid internship unless the applicant falls outside the exceptions in the Minimum Wage Ordinance. Reasonable travel expenses while on PathFinders’ business will be reimbursed
● Interested applicants should send a Letter of Interest, Curriculum Vitae and availability (dates) by email, with the subject “F&E Internship Application: [full name]”, addressed to Harriet Beavis, Development Manager, at email@example.com
● Shortlisted candidates will be notified by email and invited for interview
● If you do not back from us within 4 weeks of submitting your application, please assume your application has been unsuccessful
PathFinders is a committed equal opportunities employer. PathFinders Limited is non-partisan and non-religious.
PathFinders’ Access to Justice Programme invites applications for legal internship for summer 2018 to work on matters concerning social justice and human rights.
Click here for more information on the internship and how to submit your application.
PathFinders is Seeking a Case Manager to provide crisis intervention to pregnant migrant workers; ̇Diploma or above, RSW ̇Excellent command of spoken and written English. Proficient in Cantonese/
̇Mature, able to work under pressure, passionate in working with migrants/crisis
̇A positive thinker with a can-do attitude, a good team player ̇5-day work week, required to work on 1-2 weekend/month
Please visit www.pathfinders.org.hk/public/about/jobs/ for job description and
email your resume including cover letter, with current and expected salary to
(All information provided will only be used for recruitment related purpose.)
PathFinders has a vacancy for a registered midwife to join our Access to Healthcare team.
This position is part time/ flexible hours.
Applications should be submitted to Hanna@pathfinders.org.hk by 1st November, 2016