ABOUT THE ROLE
Each year, PathFinders organises a number of events with both donors and beneficiaries. We host an annual fundraising dinner to raise a significant portion of our annual income, and we organise a variety of small and large scale community events to empower our beneficiaries and the wider community. PathFinders is looking for an Events Manager to coordinate all such events.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and pragmatic individual, with a good balance of organisational, commercial and interpersonal skills to work closely with the wider PathFinders team. This position is suitable for individuals with previous work experience who are able to work independently and take initiative. Responsibilities include;
- Event administration and management – responsible for all planning and execution, including liaising with suppliers, venue, performers, managing budgeting and post-event reporting
- Stakeholder management – key liaison point for all event stakeholder, for example in-kind and financial donors, paying guests, volunteers, community partners, employers, the general public, government departments, etc.
- Communications – preparation of all written copy and event materials, for example beneficiary and guest communications, social media, website and event brochure, etc.
NECESSARY SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Outgoing, creative and enthusiastic individual
- Must be capable of working independently and with a team, and managing a large number of senior stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Excellent English written and spoken communications skills
- Confident in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Attention to detail, and good with numbers
- Events, fundraising, business development, NGO experience
- Familiar with Google Drive, Salesforce/CRM databases
- This is 6 month full-time contract position, with the potential for conversion to a permanent role thereafter. The candidate would ideally start as soon as possible
- Applicants should be willing to work flexible hours to accommodate meetings and increased workload in the lead up to our annual fundraising dinner in November
- The position will be based predominantly at PathFinders’ offices at Worldwide Centre, 123 Tung Chau Street, Tai Kok Tsui, Kowloon. Travel within Hong Kong is expected for events and meetings
Interested applicants should send a Letter of Interest, Curriculum Vitae and availability by email, with the subject “Events Manager Application: [full name]”, to Harriet Beavis, Business Development Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by email and invited for interview. If you do not back from us within 4 weeks of submitting your application, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
PathFinders is a committed equal opportunities employer. PathFinders Limited is non-partisan and non-religious.