Fundraising & Events Internship
PathFinders was founded in 2008 after two babies and their migrant mothers were found in extreme danger and poverty, with no one able or willing to help them. PathFinders is now 10 years’ old, and has now improved the lives of over 6,150 ethnic minority women and children, including over 2,800 newborns and toddlers, of whom 180 would, but for PathFinders, have been at significant risk of abuse, neglect and/or trafficking.
PathFinders serves pregnant, migrant women in distress and their Hong Kong-born children. PathFinders provides humanitarian support (food, shelter, clothing), social and welfare services, as well as access to healthcare, legal support and identity documentation. We also deliver educational workshops and provide home country integration support.
To address the root cause of our clients’ problems, we deliver preventative community education and awareness-raising initiatives. Since 2013, PathFinders has made over 250 international and local public speeches, submissions and interventions, to influence policy and promote systemic change.
Visit our website www.pathfinders.org.hk to find out more
ABOUT THE FUNDRAISING TEAM
PathFinders’ Fundraising team is responsible for managing donor relations, sourcing new funding and resources for our programmes. Each year in November, PathFinders hosts a fundraising dinner to celebrate our anniversary and raise a significant amount of funding. We also organise other fundraising and donor engagement events on an adhoc basis.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
PathFinders is looking for Fundraising & Events Intern to help organise these events. We are looking for an enthusiastic and pragmatic individual, with a good balance of organisational, commercial and interpersonal skills to work closely with the wider PathFinders. This position is suitable for individuals with previous work experience who are able to work independently and take initiative. Responsibilities include;
- Event administration and management – liaising with suppliers, venue, performers, managing volunteers and crew, event team meeting management & reporting, clean up
- Donor management – business development, communications, tracking, negotiating, managing comms aspects
- Communications – preparation of all event copy and materials, including social media, website, event brochure,
- Guest management – tracking interest & ticket sales, liaison and payment
- Supporting other PathFinders projects as needed
NECESSARY SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Demonstrated interest in philanthropy, NGOs, corporate social responsibility, fundraising, events
- Strong interpersonal skills, and able to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong research, organisational and administrative skills
- Fluency in English, with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Outgoing, creative and enthusiastic individual
- Attention to detail, and good with numbers
- Confident in Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Familiar with Google Drive, Salesforce/CRM databases
- Your own computer, with Microsoft Office (or compatible) suite
- Cantonese and graphic design skills would be an advantage
- Be comfortable with, and committed to, operating within PathFinders’ core values: non-judgmental, respectful, passionate, courageous, empathetic, discreet, collaborative; and
- Hold a HKID, valid visa or be eligible to apply for a working student or training visa. Students who are not permanent Hong Kong residents should refer to the conditions for taking up employment in Hong Kong. A breach of any condition will render them liable to prosecution and removal from Hong Kong under the Immigration Ordinance.
- This is a full or part time position, with a minimum commitment of 20 hours/week for 8 weeks, ideally between July and November
- Applicants should be willing to work flexible hours to accommodate meetings and events
- The internship will be based predominantly at PathFinders’ offices at Worldwide Centre, 123 Tung Chau Street, Tai Kok Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong. Travel within Hong Kong is expected for events and to attend various meetings
- This is an unpaid internship unless the applicant falls outside the exceptions in the Minimum Wage Ordinance. Reasonable travel expenses while on PathFinders’ business will be reimbursed
Interested applicants should send a Letter of Interest, Curriculum Vitae and availability by email, with the subject “Fundraising & Events Internship Application: [full name]”, to Harriet Beavis, Business Development Manager, at email@example.com
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by email and invited for interview. If you do not back from us within 4 weeks of submitting your application, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
PathFinders is a committed equal opportunities employer. PathFinders Limited is non-partisan and non-religious.