WE ARE HIRING!
HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL: We are looking for a healthcare professional to join Pathfinders’ Access to Healthcare Team. Part time/flexible – 2 to 4 days/week
ABOUT THE ACCESS TO HEALTHCARE TEAM: Our small Access to Healthcare Team help clients to get access to healthcare when they are denied by the public healthcare system. Through our Health Centre we perform basic antenatal check ups, basic newborn health screens, support and educate the mothers through pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding and with baby care. We work together with a small team of doctors that sees our clients pro bono or to a reduced fee. We perform postnatal home visits to ensure that the child is brought up in a safe environment, and help the women to get access to contraceptives to prevent unplanned pregnancies.
Job responsibilities include:
• Provide basic medical pre- and postnatal check ups at PathFinders’ Health Centre. Lead supportive and empowering one-to-one talks with clients
• Perform postnatal home visits to clients and provide advice on breastfeeding, baby care, parenting and safety
• Accompany clients to Family Planning Association, Doctor appointments, and hospital visits
• Train and supervise programme volunteers and interns
• Collaborate and communicate with PathFinders’ multidisciplinary and multicultural team
• Continually evaluate effectiveness of our services and implement changes to the program as needed
• Develop and maintain relationship with healthcare organizations and providers
• Bachelor’s degree, or higher in midwifery or nursing
• English is required, Cantonese or Bahasa Indonesian is a bonus
• Commitment to the mission and vision of PathFinders
• Flexibility in travel throughout Hong Kong with occasional weekend and evening hours required
To apply: Please send your CV including cover letter, current and expected salary and possible start day to: Lisa Ringner Naeckter, Access to HealthCare programme Manager at PathFinders, by email: email@example.com
All information and personal data provided by applicants as part of this recruitment process will be treated in confidence and used for recruitment for this role only. PathFinders is a committed equal opportunities employer.